Reed diffusers are a great way to add constant fragrance to your home. The diffuser reeds soak up the fragrance oil and disperse the scent into the air. They last until all the fragrance oil evaporates. Diffusers work really well in places where you always want it to smell nice but can't keep an eye on a candle. Some great locations are in a foyer so you and your guests are greeted with a beautiful fragrance when you walk in, or in a powder room, closet or basement where you always want it to smell nice but you can't always keep an eye on a candle.
- Place your diffuser in a high traffic area where the fragrance will disperse throughout the room with air circulation. Another great spot is just inside the room near the door so you pick up the scent as you enter the room. In many cases, think of a diffuser as a bouquet of flowers - you'll smell the fragrance as you walk by, but it won't necessarily fill the room with fragrance.
- Flip the reeds for more fragrance. You can flip a few reeds every few days or all the reeds everyday. Keep in mind the more reeds you flip and the more often you flip them, the faster the fragrance oil will evaporate.
- Use caution when flipping the reeds and wash hands when done. Flip the reeds over a wastebasket or sink and be sure to clean the vessel of any fragrance oil drips before placing on a delicate counter top.
- Use a coaster or plate under your diffuser to keep any oil drips from damaging a precious counter top.
- Flip all of the reeds on all of your diffusers before leaving for vacation. When you return home you'll be welcomed by an inviting fragrance rather than a stale, stuffy home.